Friday, January 18, 2008

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Happy Birthday!!!

So - it's been a few weeks since my last update. Christmas came and went, as did New Years and Ryan's sixth birthday! Wow, that went fast. On deck is my birthday - followed by Cory's birthday in mid February. Then a little break until Julie's birthday in April. Who's idea was it to have all these birthdays so close together? Oy, with all the cake.

For Christmas we stayed home - in our newly re-done home - which I LOVED. Nothing better than waking up in my own bed on Christmas morning - basking in the glow of not having to travel during a holiday. The boys had a great time opening up all of their gifts - especially Cory as we got him a Wii. I think his exact words were "My life is saved! I got a Wii!!!!". The Wii IS pretty cool, although after a full day of playing "Wii tennis" I started to develop "Wii shoulder". I had to learn how to swing the Wii "racket" - and not try to swing like a real tennis racket.



Here are the little rascal's on Christmas morning.

As you can plainly see, we went to great lengths to make sure they were dressed nicely.


For New Years Eve we were invited over to Rob and Barb's house - there new house which I had never seen before. I liked it - great job Rob and Barb and good luck in your new home. The kids stayed up until midnight and we watched the ball drop on Barb's 13" tv - yes 13" that wasn't a typo. Personally, I can't believe that Dick Clark is still bringing it at 78 years old. Where would we be without Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year? Julie went around and collected everyone's new years resolutions. I've decided to opt out, as I don't see the point in making promises that I know I won't keep! I gave myself a low hanging goal of trying to get in 30 dives in 2008 - I should be able to hit that one.


Cory and I on New Year's Eve.



No sooner was New Year's over, and the Christmas decorations packed away, and here come's Ryan's birthday. We had a small group of Ryan's friends from his class over and threw him a party at our house.



Here's the big boy about to blow out his 6 candles.

That's all for now, I promise not to take so long to make my next post.

No comments: